Experience and Qualifications
Our Principal Grantwriter is John Vadnais. Our Associate Grantwriters work with him
to produce high quality grant proposal documents. We are experienced with federal, state,
local, and foundation grants. We have applied to, and our clients have been awarded grants
from many funders, including those shown below.
- U.S. Department of Labor - Employment and Training Administration
- Multiple awards
- 2014-5 award: $10 million federal + $2 million state
- TAACT, H-1B programs
- U.S. Department of Education
- Community College STEM grant
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Grant preparation and setup for SBIR-STTR
- STTR Submitted
- Additional opportunities analyzed
- Later awards of over$1.5 million
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Hospital grants for multiple millions of dollars
- Centers for Disease Control(CDC)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration(SAMHSA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration(HRSA)
- Ryan White grants
- New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- New Jersey Department of Health
- New Jersey Department of Human Services
- New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
- Mercer County Department of Human Services
- Morris County Council on the Arts
- Essex County, N.J.
- City of Newark, N.J.
- The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey
- The Avon Foundation
- Susan G. Komen For The Cure, North Jersey
Teaching & Presentations
- Mercer County Community College - John Vadnais has been teaching
grant writing there since 2012. He has taught both basic and intermediate/advanced
and has taught at both the West Windsor and Trenton campuses.
- New Jersey Grant Professionals Association - presented at the 2012
NJ GPA conference on "Better Grant Management Today - More Awards Tomorrow".
- Rutgers School of Public Administration and Affairs -
taught Theory & Practice of Non-profit Management.
- Essex County College Wise Women's Center - taught Introduction to
Grant Writing for community members.
Business Experience Summary
We have led teams that have been awarded cumulatively well over ten million dollars
in grants and have played a leadership role in seeking, being awarded, and managing
those grants. From 2000-2006, Mr. Vadnais was vice president for pharmaceutical systems
for RCM Technologies, a publicly-traded firm. There he maintained operational and P&L
responsibility for the pharmaceutical projects business group. He is a former founding
partner of Insight Consulting Group, and from 1979-86 was a manager in the consulting
division of Arthur Andersen & Co.
In addition to our Associate Grantwriters, we have developed business and personal relationships
with senior people who are highly qualified in their fields. This allows us to
bring in experts for consults in specialized disciplines such as fundraising, grant
review, finance, regulatory compliance, and others.